We are here to support you, educate you, protect you, celebrate you.
2023 Memberships are now available; both 1 – year and 3 – year options.
Please NOTE: If you have purchased a membership in the last two years, you should already have a HorseReg account and should use this account each year to purchase your membership.
If you are new, you will need to create a HorseReg user account BEFORE you can purchase your membership. Your HorseReg user account is NOT your IHC membership. It is used to purchase your IHC membership(s), same as you would do when shopping online. You will use this HorseReg account each year to purchase your IHC membership so you only need to create it ONE time.
Your card will be emailed (PDF) to you once you have accepted the terms and conditions and completed your payment transaction. If at any point during the year you need to re-download your IHC membership card you can do so by logging into your HorseReg account.
If you do not see the emails in your inbox, please be sure to check your junk mail folder.
If you have questions regarding IHC membership please email us at email@example.com – allowing for 2 business days turnaround.
If you are having technical difficulties on the HorseReg site when trying to purchase your membership Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Island Horse Council Family Memberships are designed for:
- Families of 4+ people; Parents and/or Guardians and their Junior children
- Each family member will receive their own membership number and card
- Family membership will only be available to be purchased at the time of sign up or renewal, conversions from individual Junior Membership or Senior Membership will not be available.
- In some instances (ie; fewer than 4 people in a family) it is cheaper to buy individual memberships.
Benefits of Membership
The IHC is constantly working with provincial and federal governments plus Equestrian Canada to protect and improve your equestrian interests.
Island Horse Council Programs Include:
- Learn to Ride
- Learning Workshops
- Coaching Certification
- Officials and Stewards
- Horse Welfare Support
- Long Term Development
- High Performance Clinics
- Riding Safety and Security
- Interprovincial Competitions
- Strathgartney Equestrian Park
- Gateway to International Competition
All members of the Island Horse Council receive:
- Discipline Specific Programs Including Competitions and Clinics
- Nationally and Internationally Certified Coaches and Recognized Officials
- A Comprehensive Insurance Policy
- Local, Provincial and National Level Planning and Support
- The Right to Compete in National and International Level Competitions
- Access to the Strathgartney Equestrian Park
IHC is pleased to provide insurance coverage to our individual members through our partner Acera Insurance Services Ltd.
- $5,000,000 Personal Liability Insurance ($1,000 Property Damage Deductible)
- Protects you, the member, if you are sued by a third party because a horse that you own or lease, ride or handle non-commercially, causes property damage or bodily injury to a third party. **Liability coverage is for non-commercial equine-related activities. Some limitations and exclusions apply. Coverage is in force 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and covers the member (Canadian resident) anywhere in the world. (Exclusions apply for members who are non-Canadian residents).
- $40,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage
- Covering you, the member, should you suffer a catastrophic injury, dismemberment or death arising from equine-related activities. (Under the age of 90 and only available to Canadian Residents)
- Member Insurance Facts
- Information about Automatic Liability Coverage
- Information about A D & D Coverage
- What to do in the event of a claim
Our membership is growing, and benefits to our members continue to expand.
Become an Island Horse Council member today—it’s easy and simply the right thing to do for responsible equestrian enthusiasts.
Top photo by Callie Campbell / Second photo by Emma Stewart