Become a Coach
Obtaining a Certificate is an Important Lifetime Achievement
- Get your IHC Membership and EC Sport Licence.
- Contact the IHC Coaching coordinator.
- Open a coaching file with the Coaching Association of Canada
- Begin assembling requirements.
- Get your EC Registered Coach status
- Train and prepare for evaluation.
- Schedule your evaluation.
Types of Certification
A certified Competition Coach introduces riders to the competitive environment. More advanced skills in the development of a competitive training program, performance analysis and mental preparation for competition are required to become certified at this level.
Available certifications for Competition Coach:
Competition Coach Specialist
Although a CCS is trained specifically for one discipline area, she/he is expected to be conversant in all English or Western disciplines. Available certifications for Competition Coach Specialist:
- General Performance (Rubric)
- Speed Events