2022 Year End Awards
Nominations are now open for the 2022 Year End Awards! Let’s recognize the athletes, coaches, volunteers, and organizations for their accomplishments in 2022!
Who is eligible to be nominated?
- Nominees must be an IHC member in good standing
- Nominees must have been a PEI resident for a minimum of one year.
- Self nominations are ineligible.
How do I nominate?
- Nominations must be submitted using the online nomination form.
- Nominations may only be submitted by current IHC members, clubs, and affiliated groups.
- All IHC awards must have two supporters for each nominee except the “Lifetime Achievement” award which must be endorsed by five supporters.
- Only one category per nomination form. You MUST complete a separate nomination form if you are nominating an individual in more than one category.
- All nominations MUST be submitted on or before the nomination deadline to be accepted for the current year. Nominations submitted after the deadline will be carried forward to the next year. ▪ A Photo of the nominee must be included in the nomination package.
- Nominations must be submitted by December 31, 2022 for committee review and consideration.
- The Awards Committee reserves the right to redirect a nomination into a more appropriate award category. It is at the discretion of the Awards Committee whether or not to give out an award.
Award Winner Announcement & Distribution: Winners will be announced on our website and social media and awards will be presented at the IHC AGM on January 20th, 2022.
The ADL / Sport PEI Sport Achievement Program offers member sport governing bodies of Sport PEI an opportunity to recognize the achievements and contributions of their particular sport. Since 1991, ADL has been a corporate partner of Sport PEI, recognizing athletes, teams, coaches, officials, and volunteers of our member sport organizations.
2022 ADL Awards:
- Junior Male Athlete of the Year
- Junior Female Athlete of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Senior Male Athlete of the Year
- Senior Female Athlete of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Volunteer Administrator of the Year
- Official of the Year
Junior/Senior Athlete and Team of the Year : Based on the 2022 athletic accomplishments at the following levels:
- Regional (Maritime, Atlantic or Eastern Canadian)
- Dedication and commitment to training
Volunteer Administrator of the Year: Recognizes the time and effort given without expectation of anything in return. They showed dedication to advancing the sport for the benefit of the athletes, helping to provide a well-run organization, program, or event(s).
Coach and Official of the Year: Based on their contributions and accomplishments during the year. Consideration will also be given to achievements over a number of years. This award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated outstanding professionalism, leadership and mentoring skills in a coaching/officiating role at any level in any recognized equestrian discipline during the year. Coaches must be EC Licenced or Registered. Officials must have certification applicable to their discipline (ie: EC, AQHA, FEI, etc)
Club of the Year – Awarded to an IHC Member Club who has shown exceptional commitment to their discipline, sportsmanship, volunteerism, and personal development of its members. They will have hosted a variety of events including competitive, developmental, and recreational in support of its members and will have encouraged their members to pursue coaching certification.
Horse of the Year – This award is to recognize horses (or ponies) in two categories:
- Competitive – Has achieved either a high level of success in provincial, national, or international sanctioned competitions in a recognized discipline. They must have been born and raised in PEI.
- Non-Competitive – Performed in any form of non-competitive activity (i.e., trail horse, therapeutic, school horse, etc.)
Rookie of the Year – Awarded to a new horse-person who has participated in a number of horse related events for the first time and has shown an aptitude and passion for horses.
Model Member Award – Awarded to recognize an exceptional individual in the horse community who demonstrates a positive and upbeat attitude at all horse events, encourages others, offers to help, and aims to create a fun environment through sportsmanship.
Ralph Manning Memorial Volunteer Award – Awarded to an individual who has been an exceptional volunteer within the horse community, regardless of discipline, helping at events, in the community, always willing to help if needed.
Island Horse Council Appreciation Award – Awarded to an outstanding member of the horse community, this award recognizes an individual who has made a significant contribution to the growth and development of the equestrian industry over an extended period of time through education, mentoring or leadership, etc.
Lifetime Achievement Award – Island Horse Council’s Lifetime Achievement Award was established to honor individuals whose exceptional contributions have positively impacted PEI’s equestrian community and inspired others. These contributions, whether they have been through education, mentoring or leadership, have demonstrated a lifetime of commitment and dedication to the on-going progression of PEI’s equestrian community. The recipient of this prestigious award must be a PEI resident who has made a significant contribution(s) to an equine organization(s), Club(s) or discipline(s). This award is only awarded when warranted and at the discretion of the Awards Committee.